Gone Rural’s 750 rural artisan women and their families live in 52 communities throughout the 3 regions of Manzini, Shiselweni&Hhohho.
Our programs are aimed at empowering Swaziland’s rural women improving their position both symbolically with educational tools and instrumentally to bring about reform. In 2014 our programs reached over 20,412 beneficiaries, average implementation cost of $15 per beneficiary.
• 95% of our women know their HIV/AIDS status compared to 37% nationally
• We distributed 11,232 condoms to the communities per year
• Peer Educators reached over 12,000 members raising awareness about GBV
• Provided boreholes with hand pumps reaching 8000 community members
• Trained 50 preschool teachers on practical and essential tools to equip their 1030 children for school readiness